Good news, Fredi got our court decree today, which means that we can now start working on getting Mariada's new birth certificate, passport and Visa to come home! I am still going to return on Wednesday, because it is looking like passports are taking up to three weeks now in the town of Fier. You have to get the your passport from the town you were born in and Fier has a backlog from the New Year, here's what they are telling us, like I said before New Years is BIG here and many many people came home for it, well they are all staying until they can get the "new" passport so this has created a back log, and under normal circumstance they would let an adoption passport skip to the front of the line, but these people are all trying to get back to Greece or Italy for work, so they won't let us skip. That's what we are being told, so even though we have the decree they still think it will be a month until Mariada can come home. Again so frustrating, I just keep telling myself, God's time, not our time.
I have Internet today! I am going to try and post some pictures hopefully the connection will allow the upload, fingers are crossed!
Burtrint the stairway into the castle.

The Chapel it to once had a beautiful mosaic floor.

Much of the ruins are now under water.

Mom and Maraida standing above the Blue Eye.

The city of Saranda as seen from the Saranda castle.
No comments:
Post a Comment