Monday, January 4, 2010

Day Trip

Today is our last day in Saranda. We are sorry to leave this very pretty place, but I am happy that soon we will be on to the next step to come home.

We went out sightseeing today and I am sorry to tell you that I left my USB cord up at the hotel and I will not be hiking up the hill to retrieve it for today's post! But if you really want to see pic's right away just google, everything we saw can be found on-line :)

First we went up to the castle that over looks the town of Saranda, it a pretty view but most of the castle is now a restaurant bar so it's not the same as the Skhoder castle. After that we drove out to what is commonly known as The Blue Eye. It's the start of a river and it's really cool, the pictures I took don't even come close to showing you how cool it is so google may be better. The spring is 50 meters deep (according to our guide) and it's the prettiest color blue, I forget how fast the water is coming up but it was neat. Then we went to the ancient city of Burtit, this was my favorite, it's a city from before Christ's time that was excavated in the early twenties and is still being dug up. You hike all over into the diff rent sections, if you had a boat you could see even more of it. It's over a square mile and so neat, they have uncovered the amphitheater, a baptism area with a beautiful mosaic floor, a chapel and the main castle, a few graves, just really awesome. We had a late lunch and my Mother and Mariada are taking naps while I came to the (smokey :( cafe to catch-up.

Sorry about the pic's will post in a couple of days! Tomorrow we drive back to Tirana, hope it's a sunny day, it's a pretty drive!

No comments: