Sunday, January 10, 2010

Decision Time

We had to make a very difficult decision today. The Judge told us that we would have our decree on Wednesday the 13th, if the courts are open by then. Then we could start the process of the other paperwork. Mariada was born in a different town than where the orphanage is, but the process many years ago should have been to transfer her paperwork, well that didn’t happen, so I had asked them to do that during these past seven weeks, they messed it up and now her paperwork is back in her birth town, the big problem with that is that no one has ever requested adoption paperwork from this town and no one has any idea how it’s going to go, if they would rush the passport etc. Our dear friend Fredi made a few phone calls on my behalf and it sounded like they would not, apparently they have a “new” passport here in Albania and they take two weeks. The situation in Shkoder continues to get worse, yesterday the US embassy ordered all Americans out of the city, there is now a check point going into he city so I wouldn’t be allowed in. Long story short, my original flight home is for the 13th and Bob and I have made the decision that I will be taking it. Mariada is going to stay with the house parents at the Bethany complex here in Tirana were she will be safe from any flooding and they have a 12 year old son and 14 year old daughter so although we are all upset about it, it’s the best solution we can come up with. Staying for another month is too long for me to be gone and Bob and I (and originally Mariada) need to get out too see Sara. I also have missed everyone one of Ben’s swim meets (he broke a school record) and Dad Gezon is awake most days, so it would be good to see him. And of course our sweet Lucky dog is still fighting his cancer. And last but not least I miss my husband, this has been our longest time apart and it’s much easier in theory.

I think we are still in shock at what a bumpy road it has been but we are happy that we are in the last few weeks. Soon we will all be home forever.

1 comment:

Lindsey Carney said...

I'm sorry you guys are having to go through all of this. I'm praying for you. Looking back, when things seemed impossible with Hudson's adoption, I feel like it was a way for it to be almost impossible and then God to work in His way. And there was no excuse, but Him and He got all the glory.

I've really enjoyed following your journey so far and the pics are beautiful!