Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Court - Check

What better word this time of year than Hallelujah!

The last court date was today at 10:30, which meant that we saw the Judge at 12:15! Did I mention that the court house is a big building with tile floors and no heat! Anyway, once we started it went quick the psychiatrist did her thing, and then the Judge asked me to stand and once again convince her that Mariada being adopted was a good decision. I also had to put in a few legal terms that Agim had instructed be to say and we were finished. Thankfully Fredi’s lawyer friend was there again and I firmly believe this is why it went so smoothly.

Mariada is a different person today, she is so happy, she called all her friends told them she is now adopted and for a girl that does not smile very often I don’t think anything could knock it off her face today! We had lunch and on the way home we passed a card shop where we bought a handful of cards, she wants to write one to all of her best friends! Yes like most 13 year old girls she has 6 best friends! I think today is the first day that she is OK with leaving them behind. We will see if this lasts even until tomorrow. I have told her that she can set up a Face book and e-mail account, so she has been collecting addresses over the past few days. Guess I’ll be using Google translator more than I thought!

So the next steps, today starts our 15 day waiting period. This is when an Albanian can contest the adoption. Since Mariada has not seen or heard from her Bio-Mother in 6-7 years and has never meant anyone else in her Bio-family we do not expect any issues. After the 15 days we can get a new birth certificate, passport and Visa so that Mariada can enter the USA! When she lands in O’Hare she will become an official US citizen!


What a Christmas present!

The group that made it happen! (Lawyer from AAC, Judge Asst., Judge,Me,psychiatrist, Mariada, Arian(director of orphanage),translator, Artan our lawyer)

1 comment:

Cydil said...

Congratulations, Mariada GEZON!
One of the highlights of my birthday today!