Today we woke up and made breakfast in our little apartment, yummy cheese from the mountains, something resembling Rusk (if your Dutch you know what I’m talking about :) ) and yogurt. We need to go shopping again, but since grocery stores aren’t really grocery stores it took more time than we thought it would yesterday and Mariada was getting bored (typical teen). After breakfast we all got ready and drove around town a little, had lunch and decided what to do for the day, we decided on the castle, but as soon as we got up there it started to rain so another day. Another site we wanted to see was this very old bridge. It’s about a half hour drive north so we stayed dry. I have pictures and on Thursday when I get my cord I’ll post them! Yup I left my cord down in Tirana. We started back to Shkoder on a different road; I had the map out because we weren’t sure if it would take us back or not. Bob was sure it would and Mariada keep saying jo, jo (no, no) then after about ten minutes of staying on the same road she says in English “Dad, you are wrong way turn around now!” We laughed so hard she knows what she wants. After the bridge it was still raining so we went to the cinema. It was great, Mariada had told us yesterday that Michael Jackson was her favorite and the cinema was playing This is it! She loved it and best part it was in English. Today ends the five day Holiday so Mariada goes back to school in the morning; we will drop her off at 8 and pick her up at 1. The school day ends at one so that the kids can eat at home. While she’s in school hopefully we can get some of the boring shopping and laundry done.
We ended the day watching Cheaper by the Dozen on my laptop, Mariada was cracking up she really understand English so well. Now we just have to get her speaking it. We just gave her a little Nyquil, she been coughing, and put her in bed. I am sure the stress of all this is getting to her and having to think in English all day has got to be hard.
Friday is court, things are going so well and I try so hard to look at it positively but I’m still nervous. We know that Mariada will be in the court room with us and that the Judge will be asking her a series of questions but we don’t know if she has to stay the whole time. Please pray that things go smoothly, we are hoping that it only takes one court date but we have been told that the Judge we have is unpredictable so who knows.
Pictures on Thursday.
1 comment:
HI, it is wed and we finally got to a computer. Mariada is wonderful. We can not wait to meet her. Glad to hear that everything is going good so far. We think of you every day. On a sad note, Jerry, Grandma Steensma's husband passed away on Sun. We will log on again on Sat. Give Mariada a big hug for us and tell her we love her. Take care. Love Mom and Dad and Jeff.
Post a Comment