Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas, New Years and the New Year...

I hope you all had as wonderful a Christmas as we did. It was full of friends, family and lots of memories. We were so blessed to have all the kids this year, even if it was for just a few days. I drove over to Ann Arbor on the 21st to get Ben and Bob drove up north on Christmas Eve to pick up Sara! They got back just in time for Christmas Eve service, after which we went back north (just north) to my parents Christmas Eve party. When we all got back home around ten, it was hit the coach for some Christmas movies and off to bed for a good night’s sleep before a long Christmas day! My parents, brother and Grandmother were here bright and early, I made breakfast while the last “kid” rolled out of bed and was quickly told to get to playing Santa! We opened to many gifts (Grandma to blame) and started dinner. After dinner we said goodbye to my side and loaded up the truck to drive south to eat some more and sing carols with the Gezon side. Honestly we ate so much that day I am full just thinking about it! We spend Sunday going to church and having lunch with the kids, then Sara and Mariada took off to the ski hill and Ben went to visit friends! I think Bob and I came home and took a nap on the couch :) Monday morning Bob loaded Sara up and drove to Canada for a FIS race. Her first race against world cup skiers! She did great, came in about the middle of the pack which is pretty awesome for a 15/16 year old. When I spoke to her that first night you could hear the amazement that there where racers from around the world, even girls she and her coach had just watched on TV the month before. Bob says she just continues to get stronger and stronger. Mariada had swim practice so we had to stay home; she also had a babysitting gig for that week watching the cutest little 18 month old, she loved it.

New Years Eve Mariada was oh so happy to be able to go to her girlfriend’s sleepover party, but there was zero sleeping! She had so much fun, with exception of Monday morning coming way too soon. She’s had two swim meets this week along with indoor soccer training on the other nights, needless to say she is one busy girl this month. I left the camera sitting on the kitchen table for both meets, so next week I will put a post-it on the door!


I gave Bob a stand up paddle board, he had to try it out, we watched from the house.
Sara doing her thing in the big leagues!

Sara with her new purse and Ben reading one of the many books he got.
Mariada was so happy, she has been wanting a guitar since she got home. She would always ask Ben if she could play his, but when he left for school it went with him. She begged but I told her she was way to busy with school and sports! She loved it!

No comments: