Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Endless Summer

Another very busy month has gone by and I haven’t done a very good job of keeping you updated, so hang on here we go!!!

We celebrated Ben turning 19, yeah 19! Yikes, I still can’t believe it. It was a quite night of grilling out with a few friends and watching yet another beautiful west Michigan sunset. After that it meant that move out date was inevitable and that I had better start getting things together. Ben asked us for only one thing for graduation, decorate his apartment! He knew that he was sharing an apartment rather than a dorm and he knew that it wasn’t going to feel like home if it had bare walls and zero dishes in the kitchen. So my mother and I put together an entire kitchen out of our old dishes with the exception of a slow cooker that Grandma gave him for a birthday present. (Doesn’t every 19 yr old want one?) So I hit Hobby Lobby and found some great Navy/Marine posters for the living room, and then found some fun linens for his bed, we then stocked his kitchen and gave him a cookbook with all his favorites. On the 26th we loaded up two cars and drove Ben to Ann Arbor, moved him in, left twenty dollars for he and Mike (roommate) to order a pizza! Until yesterday Ben’s truck was still in the driveway and it was hard to drive in and say, Ben’s not home, since Ben turned sixteen I would always have a smile on my face when I saw his car and say Ben’s home! It’s always the little things that get you!

On the Mariada front, well soccer, for her that’s really all that matters, she has been practicing with both her teams and had her first tournament this past weekend. Unfortunately she sprained her ankle in the first game and had to watch the rest of the weekend. She says that she will play this Friday, we’ll see. We had planned on back to school shopping this week, but with the ankle I don’t think the mall is a good idea, more sales next week anyway! On the 24th we had a party for Miss Mariada’s 14th birthday, it was a beautiful sunny day spent with three of her friends on the beach, then pizza, cake and presents followed by movies and a sleepover! She had a blast. We also had orientation this week and she has her new schedule for school this year, she can’t wait for school to start.

Somewhere in there we spent a day up at Great Grandma’s cottage for her birthday, Lewis spent forty eight hours in the emergency hospital, after eating 22 ibuprofen pills, and we had a few friends spent a few days with us :) Normally I look forward to fall, thinking things will slow down, but if you saw the soccer schedule we have you would understand why late November is looking like our first open weekend!

I wish I had pictures of Ben’s place but and I still can’t believe this, I forgot, the camera was there but I just forgot, so please enjoy a few from Mariada’s birthday and soccer game!



Ben took the girls tubing, they had a blast! I could hear them from up at the house, since it was teens only on the beach!

She told us it was the best birthday she ever had, what a great summer!

No comments: