Monday, November 30, 2009

We have Internet!!!

So I can finally tell you all how absolutely wonderful our new daughter is!

On Friday we landed and went to out dear friends Cydil's where they had lunch waiting for us (thank you) and we had a good nights sleep and on Saturday we took the two hour trip up to Shkoder where we meant Mariada! We went in to the orphanage I was looking for her but didn't see her, the care giver took us into a little room and said they where going to get her, Bob walked out of the room and she RAN into his arms, she held on for almost a full minute then opened her eyes and saw me, she hugged me so hard and we both started to cry. She is so sweet and affectionate. We went out to lunch with her and our BCS guy she showed us her town and just spent the day together. We wanted her to stay with us and she really wanted to stay as well but the director said she had to be back at six. Bob and I went back to Tirana that night and stayed with Cydil again. The next morning we rented a car went up to Shkoder and have had Mariada with us ever since. All I can say is she's amazing. Her English is really good, she understands a lot but is not speaking much. All in time.

I will post pictures as soon as I find my USB cord :) We packed and unpacked a few times and I can't find it!

I know it's a short post but we are on our way out to diner and literally Fredi our friend from Hope for the World just fixed our Internet so I had to put something up!

Love you guys!

PS: We still don't know the legal name but Mariada wants her named with an i instead of a j so that's that!

No comments: