Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The small things...

The other day I was poking around the Hope for the World website. When you adopt a child you miss so much of their past and wanting to fill that in is so important, even more so for the child than for yourselves. I was hoping that since HFTW has been working in Marjada's orphanage for so long that perhaps I would see her in a picture or two. Wishful thinking I know but still... So imagine the joy when I clicked on the video and within the first three minutes I see her! Yeah it was great. I'd have to guess that the video is three or four years old, but that's fine, she's the first child to hug one of the visiting Americans, she's wearing blue jeans with little flowers and a blue and white t-shirt, I knew it was her the minute I saw her! Then she says "welcome to our country" and one last appearance where she says "He knows my name", it's such a treasure.

Here's the link: http://www.hopefortheworldalbania.com/video/

We don't really have any new news. We just have to wait. I have asked Bethany if we could send a gift for her Birthday, they said that we can but it has to be very small something that will fit into an envelope and nothing to suggest of the upcoming adoption. So we are thinking a bracelet. Bob wants to send a White Lake Dock and Dredge t-shirt! Subtle I know :)

I've had a few questions on how Lucky is doing so I'll post that news as well. All in all he's doing well. He had another treatment yesterday and the Dr. says his numbers where all in the normal range. Such great news! But we have had a few hard weeks, depending on which medication he receives that week. Last week was tough on him, he had two nights and days of nausea (I love my Little Green Carpet Machine). Other than being completely whipped when he gets home, he's doing good this week. Only five more treatment's to go.


My mom made this fleece blanket a few Christmas's ago and Lucky always cuddles in/on it. As soon as we got home yesterday I took it out for him. Poor little guy.



It's been cold here but the afterglow last night was so pretty I thought I'd share.

No comments: